SBB’s sustainability philosophy.
SBB is committed to sustainable corporate governance. We consider our economic, social and environmental responsibility to our customers, our employees and Switzerland in all our decision-making. Our dedication to our work and the services we offer help to improve quality of life and competitiveness, while contributing to sustainable development.
Sustainability at SBB Real Estate.
SBB Real Estate buildings are planned, built and operated using materials that are energy efficient and save resources. The following basic principles apply:
- Reducing CO2 emissions and lowering dependence on fossil fuels by implementing renewable energies.
- Increasing energy efficiency in existing buildings within the framework of renovation and renewal projects.
- Creating and developing new buildings which are more sustainable than is required by law.
- Reducing operating energy and costs by optimising the running of the properties.
- Measuring and recording the energy data of the relevant consumers as the basis for the further development of the portfolio.